“UNIKEY”, “we”, “our” and “us” means any member of UNIKEY Academy and its subsidiaries. “Data subject”, “user”, “you” or “your” means any of you (as a student) and your parent or guardian, as the case may be.
By registering UNIKEY classes, lessons, programmes and courses (collectively, the “Programmes” and each a “Programme”) as well as your engagement of our admission consultation services or any other services provided by us (collectively, the “Services” and each a “Service”)., students and parents must accept and agree to general terms and conditions (the “General Terms and Conditions”). The latest version of General Terms and Conditions will be the one available at https://www.unikeyacademy.com/.
We value your personal data. We endeavour to comply with the requirements of all applicable data protection laws and regulations in relation to personal data protection in the Hong Kong jurisdiction.
Unless your express consent is required by the applicable laws, by providing your personal data to us, you are accepting the terms of this statement and consenting UNIKEY to collect, retain, disclose, transfer and use your personal data in accordance with this statement, as amended from time to time. Further, we will only use and transfer your data for direct marketing purposes as specified in this statement. If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you provide us with your personal data.
1. What data we collect
- For enquiries, UNIKEY Academy collects the following data:
- Contact number; and
- E-Mail address.
- To register for UNIKEY Academy’s services, we will acquire additional data including (without limitation) the following:
- applicant information, including your name, contact information (telephone, fax, mobile, postal and email addresses), date of birth, information on your identification documents (such as identity card and passport);
- academic information;
- billing information, transaction and credit card information;
- records of correspondence between you and us; and
- information about your family information, personal interests, experiences with our services, programmes or products.
2. How we collect your data
We collect data and process data from you when:
- you apply for, enquire about, or receive our programmes, products or services;
- you register to attend any of our events;
- you correspond with us;
- you apply to make any changes to your application and/or our services, programmes or products; or
- you navigate through this website and such other websites owned, operated and/or controlled by us (“https://www.unikeyacademy.com/”).
3. How we use your data
UNIKEY Academy collects your data so that we can:
- provide our services, programmes and products to you;
- process your application/enrolment;
- respond your application/enrolment;
- conduct surveys, research and analysis for improvement of our services, programmes and products and the website and for marketing purposes;
- issue billing documents;
- offer you with our services, programmes and products, including (without limitation) sending you marketing and promotional materials relating to our services, programmes and products (for more information, refer to Paragraph 6 (Marketing));
- conduct joint promotion events, including (without limitation) sending you marketing and promotional materials relating to our affiliates, associated, related, subsidiary companies and/or companies. (For more information, refer to Paragraph 6 (Marketing)); and
- make such disclosures as required by law.
UNIKEY Academy may collect additional information regarding the data subject throughout the engagement process. Such information collected will only be used to understand the data subject and offer tailored advice for the above-mentioned purposes.
4. How we store your data
UNIKEY Academy will use our best endeavour to ensure that your Personal Information is kept secure from unauthorized disclosure or access. Given the operational nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that the transmission is fully secure.
UNIKEY Academy will retain your personal data for a maximum period of 7 years. Once this period has expired, we will delete your data either by shredding, deleting, formatting, overwriting, or degaussing.
5. Cross-border and Cross-party transfers
The processing of personal data will strictly remain within UNIKEY Academy. Depending on the categories of services that you have registered with UNIKEY, your personal data may be shared with our corresponding office(s) or representative(s) located outside of Hong Kong to fulfil the purpose of collection. This includes (without limitation) to the following:
- United States of America;
- United Kingdom; or
- Any such location required as part of services.
We may disclose and/or transfer your personal data to third parties (within or outside Hong Kong) to fulfil the purpose of collection, including without limitation to:
- any educational institution;
- any testing and educational service provider;
- any agent, contractor, or third party service provider that provides administrative, legal, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing or other services to UNIKEY;
- any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulators and government departments for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and protection of our legal rights.
UNIKEY Academy would like to send you information regarding our products, services, events and promotions.
If you have agreed to receive marketing information, you may always opt out at a later date. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing reasons, please find our contact details at paragraph 10 (How to Contact Us).
7. Your Rights as a Data Subject
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request UNIKEY Academy for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that UNIKEY Academy correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request UNIKEY Academy to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that UNIKEY Academy erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that UNIKEY Academy restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object processing – You have the right to object to UNIKEY Academy’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that UNIKEY Academy transfer the data we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please find our contact details at paragraph 10 (How to Contact Us).
8. Privacy policies of other websites
10. How to contact us
- by post, to: UNIKEY Academy
- 11/F, Central 88, No. 88-98 Des Voeux Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
- using our website contact form at https://www.unikeyacademy.com/
- by telephone, on +852 669 33199 from 10am to 7pm (Except Sundays); or
- by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org